Every gym has that beam that is loved and shows it. Give that favorite beam new life with a Carolina Gym Supply Balance Beam Recovery Kit!
A Carolina Gym Supply Balance Beam Recovery Kit includes:
- Synthetic suede material
- 3/8" Closed Cell Crosslink Foam Replacement Padding
- (2) Cans of spray adhesive
Is it easy to recover a balance beam?
Recovering a beam is fairly easy with two people. You can find detailed instructions here in our Product Info Documents page. Instructions should be included with your Carolina Gym Supply Balance Beam Recovery Kit as well.
Basic Instructions for Recovering a Balance Beam:
- Take off old, worn cover and beam legs. Check your foam top. It may not need to be replaced.
- If replacing the foam top, glue the included crosslink foam to the top of the beam. Trim to size with a sharp utility knife.
- Roll out suede, scrim side up. Center the beam top upside down on the suede. Trace the beam top on the suede and set it aside.
- Following adhesive instructions, spray within the traced rectangle and the beam top. Making sure there are no wrinkles or debris, in one motion lift the beam body onto the suede.
- Glue suede to the sides of the beam.
- To finish, fold suede over the bottom of the beam. mark and trim as necessary. Staple or glue to finish depending on the type of beam you have.
- Finish off the ends of the beam by stapling or gluing as appropriate.
- Voila! New beam!
Carolina Gym Supply Balance Beam Recovery Kits are available for both wood and aluminum balance beams, and they work on any brand or model of balance beam. If you are ordering a Carolina Gym Supply Balance Beam Recovery Kit for a Spieth balance beam, be sure to request a complimentary can of our "gorilla snot" to help keep the edges down around the bottom channel.
- General Policies