Carolina Gym Supply Level 3 Vault Matting Systems are fantastic visual aids for your young athletes learning their vault basics!
The unique color design of our Vault Matting Systems offers a greater visual aid for self-spotting and staying in-bounds. The first 32" of the entire system is a different color from the rest of the matting system, showing the zone in which the hands should make contact with the mat.
Aggressive 4" hook and loop fastener are sewn onto the leading edges of the mats in the typical Carolina Gym Supply zigzag fashion. This prevents the mats from shifting as athletes vault onto them.
Carolina Gym Supply offers three styles of Level 3 Vault Matting Systems. Here, we'll talk about the most common style: the "Standard Stack".
The Level 3 "Standard Stack" covers your basic needs for the Level 3 Vault Matting requirements: mats stacked to a height of 48", with a "line" to demarcate 32" from the front of the stack. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Carolina Gym Supply Level 3 "Standard Stack" Vault Matting System includes:
- Two (2) - Carolina Gym Supply Level 3-Style 5' x 10' x 8" Soft Landing Mats
- One (1) - Carolina Gym Supply Level 3-Style 5' x 10' x 32" Above Ground Resi Mat
As per standard Carolina Gym Supply design, handles on all sides of each mat allow for easy handling. Mesh is triple-stitched.
Should I get mesh tops or have mesh windows on the sides?
We always get the question, and to be quite honest, it's a personal preference. The mats will perform the same no matter which option you choose. The mesh tops will likely feel better for your athletes and the mat will breathe a little easier. Getting mesh windows means that your mesh will likely hold up longer. Despite our triple-stitch method for sewing mesh, a mesh to vinyl seam is always the first place to tear.
Hook and Loop Fastener Placement for Level 3 Mats:
- Level 3 Eight Inch Mat - has hook flap fastener on both short ends. The Loop fastener is on the bottom of the mat on each short end as well.
- Level 3 Marshmallow Mat - has hook flap on the front short end and loop on the opposite side. The Loop fastener is on the bottom of the front short end.
- Level 3 Thirty-two Inch Resi Mat - has hook flap on front short end and loop on the opposite side. No fastener is placed on the bottom of the mat.
- General Policies